MIL-P-27418 & AMS2424 Sulfamate Nickel Plating Services
Nickel Sulfamate plating is one of the techniques that MFT uses to apply nickel coatings to metal parts. Because of its unique features (see “Benefits” below) it is probably the most common method used for industrial applications of Nickel plates.
- AMS 2424
- AMS 2403
- ASTM B689 (Type 1)
- ISO 1458
- Dimensional corrections on machined parts
- Resurfacing worn parts
- Foodservice equipment surfaces
- Restoration of industrial process equipment
- Undercoating for chromium plating to improve corrosion resistance
- Production of electroforming components such as stamping tools, metal masks, and resin molds
- Heavy cladding of pipes, chemical reaction vessels, and storage tanks
- Our MIL-P-27418 and AMS2424 sulfamate nickel plating services creates a low-stress nickel deposit, substantially eliminating the peeling, cracking, crazing, warping, blistering, distortion, and shrinkage that is typical of other plating surfaces.
- Provides a highly pure nickel deposit (typically 99.9%)
- The process is fast, reliable, and produces highly consistent results
- Can be used to apply unusually thick nickel deposits (up to one inch or more)
- Resistance to high temperature (1400 C melting point)
- Good thermal transfer capabilities
- High tensile strength
- Easily machinable and solderable
- Excellent ductility and elongation without deformation or stress cracking
Services & Markets Served
Metal Finishing Technologies, LLC is a nationally recognized source of Mil-P-27418 and AMS2424 sulfamate nickel plating services as well as a certified FAA repair station servicing the Automotive, Marine, Aerospace, Medical, Commercial and Electrical industries since 1947.
Metal Finishing Technologies prides itself on the high level of quality finishes we produce every day. Because of our Statistical Process Control used to maintain our chemistry and the Total Quality Management programs we have in place we were able to obtain our ISO 9001 as well as AS9100 certification.
Ready to get started?
Contact Our Team of Experts Today!
Environmental Stewards in a Non-Green Industry
MFT’s sustainability promise is the cornerstone of our company. We are fully dedicated to our green story through our commitment to sustainable, ethical, and eco-friendly principles. The following principles support our sustainability promise and are deeply rooted in our daily activities and company culture.
MFT further utilizes third party consultants and laboratories to verify results and pursue new technologies and ideas.
MFT conducts all operations in a way that protects our employees and their families, customers, neighboring communities, and the environment.
MFT implements sustainable metal plating solutions and safe and environmentally sound practices that not only comply with or exceed regulatory and legal requirements, but also mitigate environmental, health, and safety risks.
MFT embraces our role as environmental stewards while practicing and promoting the conservation of renewable resources while striving to minimize our environmental impact.
MFT constantly monitors the groundwater, surface water, and air at and around its metal plating facility. We are currently participating in a 30-year groundwater monitoring and compliance program and are expected to acquire our Stewardship Permit in 2022.